Retail: Leading Vacuum Cleaner Manufacturer
This leading vacuum cleaner and air purification brand had not included digital display advertising as part of its media mix, but determined it should consider it as one of its direct-to-consumer channels. However, it would need to prove its ability to not only capture existing demand but also create new demand at an appropriate cost per sale and with greater efficiency than both long-form and short-form television.
- Create “net-new” demand that can be captured directly and indirectly
- Prove the effect of display in driving other channel performance & additional sales
- Maintain direct cost-of-acquisition targets through scaling
- Provide effective measurement of results
The client deployed a digital relationship management strategy using the TruEffect First-Party platform as an alternative to traditional ad-serving and data management platform solutions. Over an initial 9-month rollout, volumes were scaled to over 200,000,000 impressions per month. Using TruEffect’s proprietary measurement methodologies, the client was able to identify the true impact of media and make effective performance and media decisions.
Smarter and more effective segmentation and targeting made possible by First-Party significantly enhanced the performance of display in driving new demand and at a lower cost.
|Cost of Acquisition||Decreased||-24%|
|Brand Growth||Increased Awareness & Popularity||+59%|
• Through comparison of TruEffect First-Party versus third-party ad serving, the client found third-party under-reported sales attributable to display by 37%.
• Using TruEffect’s proprietary measurement methodologies, the client also proved digital display was driving sales across all channels and replaced its investment in TV with display advertising.
• The client was able to double the ROI performance of display advertising while rapidly scaling volume.
• The effective use of display also provided a dramatic enhancement in brand metrics.
The True Effect
TruEffect’s ability to increase demand, reduce cost of acquisition, and accurately measure performance enabled the company to grow its overall business by ramping up digital display advertising and eliminating its costly and less efficient television dependency. Because of continued improvement in their cost-of-performance metric, the client continues to increase its digital display investment and grow its ROI.